Learn More About UNC2N Volunteers
Neighbor to Neighbor Volunteers help Union County residents stay in their own homes.
Interested volunteers are background checked, go through a screening process and complete an orientation. This process both protects the members we serve and assures that each volunteer is offered assignments matching the volunteer’s interests, skills and availability. Volunteers can choose which tasks to complete based on time and location. Projects and tasks could be anywhere in Union County and often take place in a member’s home.
Volunteer jobs might include:
- Transportation (appointments and errands)
- Moving heavy items
- Helping with correspondence or telephone calls
- Minor yard work and home maintenance
- Medicare and drug benefit counseling
- Coordination with state / local services
- Troubleshooting computer problems
- Keeping “in touch”
- Safety and security monitoring